Friday, September 12, 2014

On-Line Genetics Tutoring, Sundays 3-4 PM

Hey, hey!

Starting this Sunday, September 14 from 3-4 PM, I’ll be holding an on-line group tutoring session for genetics students.  Right now, my sessions will be geared toward Texas A&M University Genetics 301 students because I’ve worked with those students, and I know they can benefit from my services.  But if you are taking a genetics class from a different university, you are welcome too!  I’ll answer student questions on a first-come, first-serve basis.

The cost of the session is $20 per person, and you can pay easily through PayPal or Venmo.  This is a great opportunity to work with a professional tutor and experience on-line tutoring, where you can get the help you want without leaving the house.

Here’s how it works:

* You’ll need a Google+ account and the Google Hang-outs plug-in, which you can find here.

* You’ll need a good internet connection and the ability to see video and hear audio.

* Connect with me on Google+ by finding me (Rose-Anne Meissner) and adding me to a circle.  Send me a message on Google+ to tell me you’re interested in the group session, and I’ll add you to the Hang-out.  Or send me a text message to tell me you are interested: 847-644-0782.

* You’ll be able to see me, hear me, and see me working on a virtual whiteboard.  I can e-mail anyone a copy of the session notes after we wrap up.

* Ask me questions and learn some genetics!

* Pay before or after the session.  But either way, please pay.  The only way I’m able to do this work is if students honor their end of the bargain.

Want to learn more about on-line tutoring?  Watch this video from my partner, Tutor Paul.

* * *

A word about payment:

“What if I don’t pay you for the group session?”

I can already hear some students thinking this question, cynical as it may sound.  A few encounters with no-pays does make a tutor weary.

First of all, if you are truly strapped for cash but want to attend the group session, contact me first.

But if you simply don’t pay, you won’t be invited back to the next session.  And if most students don’t pay, I’ll stop offering a group session.  I’m still available for group tutoring, but my normal group rate is much higher ($30/person) than the special Sunday session.

* * *

Happy learning!  I hope to see you on Hang-outs on Sunday.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment